07 December 2009

Welcome to KZ Paperie!

My name is Kristin and I craft. For years I’ve been making my own holiday cards and little crafty gifts for family and friends, but it’s always been just for fun. Earlier this summer, a dear friend asked if I would make the place cards for her wedding. I panicked. Place cards? Wedding? A fancy, formal event? This is a big deal… But, I rose to the challenge and designed a simple, yet elegant place card that she fell in love with. The place cards were the hit of the wedding and my work got rave reviews (a slight exaggeration, perhaps). Which got me thinking…could I maybe turn a profit from my craftiness? Granted, it will probably be decades before a profit is actually made with the amount of $$ I’ve shelled out over the years on this addiction hobby of mine, but a few extra dollars once in a while to feed my Starbucks cravings would be a good thing. So, here I am, starting this blog to display what goes on in my studio, aka, the “crap room”, as my mother affectionately calls it. Why the “crap room” you may ask? Honestly, it’s perpetually a mess and is the room in my house that everything that doesn’t have a particular place goes to die. But, in spite of the mess, it’s full of inspiration! Now, please excuse me as I step over the suitcase still out from my trip to Disney World last month (told you, perpetual mess) and get to work on some crafty goodness…

As projects are complete, I’ll post photos on here, but please, please, PLEASE feel free to contact me about any custom projects you may be interested in! The possibilities are endless!!

Projects I’m currently working on: 4 different designs for my holiday cards and a “sweet pea” baby onesie.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations Kristin!! Good luck with it! I will pass it to all my friends :)

    ReplyDelete